My name is Denver Lancaster. I am a graduate of Regis University with a doctoral degree in physical therapy student in Denver, CO. I graduated from Montana State University in Bozeman, MT with a degree in Health and Human Development.
I am finished with physical therapy school. I have had clinical rotations in Thermopolis, WY at Gottsche Rehab and Hastings, NE at Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital, Grand Junction, CO at Soar Physical Therapy, and Irving TX at Centre for Neuro Skills.
As of June 2012 I accepted a position at Gottsche Rehabilitation in Cody, WY. I'm a staff physical therapist, but do some web-editing for them on the side in addition to learning to edit PAXscript to help modify their EMR software.
I am interested in a lot of things. This blog was originally to focus on a couple of themes, but has since gotten as scatterbrained as I am. The eclectic collection of blog posts is a tribute to that (KitchenPC, Ants, Northstar Engine).
Select excerpts of my blogged academic activities:
- My Feed Your Eyes on This! - It is an inservice presentation I tried to give at Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital on my second clinical rotation. The presentation wasn't without irony as I there were some tech-related difficulties.
- RMASB 2011 - I presented a poster at the Rocky Mountain chapter of American Society of Biomechanics at Estes Park. I am working on this project with 2 classmates - David Csepe and Brenden Alex, and getting a lot of direction from our advisor Dr Erika Nelson-Wong. Our project now has been given a platform presentation at the national ASB meeting next August!
- Evidence In Motion Elevator Pitch - Evidence in Motion holds an Elevator Pitch video contest. Last year's theme was "30 seconds why PT is the best place to go for musculoskeletal pain." A fellow classmate and myself collaborated to produce this video, which won 2nd place in their national contest.
- AdvancePT - An article which featured the use of mobile technology in PT clinical settings. I'm a big geek - and got my name in the article!
- Chondrocyte Implantation Case Study - Case study presentation I recently gave for professional issues class highlighting 3rd Generation Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (ACI) procedures, and considerations for acute rehabilitation.
Stay tuned for posts and/or follow me on twitter.