Fast forward several years. Things I've learned to do on my car (in no order):
- General maintenance/service:
- Replace the brakes.
- fuel filter
- spark plugs, wires
- air filter
- oil change
- anti-freeze change
- rotate tires
- serpentine belt replacement
- Take apart and clean out the EGR valve
- Replace fuel pressure regulator
- Service brakes/rotors
- remove fuel injectors/fuel rail
- recharge A/C
- remove/install coolant tank
- remove/install AC Compressor
- clean mass airflow sensor.
- remove/install water pump
- remove/install radiator
- remove/install alternator (ugh)
- remove/install wind-shield wiper assembly
- remove/install belt tensioner for serpentine belt
- remove install belt tensioner & pulley system for water pump (other side of engine!)
- remove/install manifold intake, service gaskets.
- remove/install starter (under the manifold)
- remove/install Blower Motor
- replace serpentine belt with shorter belt to run car without broken AC compressor
I become more deadly with a ratchet and screwdriver every time something breaks on my car. I still have a couple projects to do:
- remove/install rear suspension, replace with passive system
- remove/install front bushings
- there is a problem with the oxygen sensors to fix related to codes PCM p0171, p0151, p0154, p0174.
- HEADGASKET!!!!!!!! DAMN IT! Looks like I'll be removing the engine again. Maybe. So far, it runs without overheating.
Undiagnosed as of yet:
- Rough/long start when engine is cold. When taken up to running temp, and then allowed to sit for 40 minutes to an hour and a half with the engine off after being at running themperature, the car doesn't turn back on!!!!!!!!!! WTF?
So, if you're int he Cody, WY area, and feel like helping me pull a cadillac engine, let me know. Alternatively, if you want to buy an engine, let me know.